Hometown Medical Equipment
Medical Biller/Medical Office Manager
January 2011 — February 2013
Medical Billing and Coding Clerk January 2011 - February 2013
• Review insurance policy to determine coverage.
• Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.
• Post or attach information to claim file.
• Code records by following prescribed coding standards such as ICD-9 and CPT
• Review physician notes and obtain necessary clarifications where necessary to interpret findings into ICD9 coding.
• Ensure signatures on all medical records
• Assign appropriate medical codes to all diagnosis and services
• Prepare appropriate claim documents
• Follow up with insurance companies and ensure that all claims come to fruition.
• Performed day to day functions associated with coding, abstracting and revenue cycle
• Highly familiar with HIPAA version changes (4010, 5010) and how it impacts Backend systems and Front end systems and applications
• Hands on experience in Medicare, Tri-care, Private Insurance and Medicaid Claim Process