November 2013 — Present
• Source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company’s needs for service parts.
• Secure products at cost, quality and delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy & performance standards.
• Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arrange for submission and inspection of sample products as required.
• Close coordination with engineering & quality to assure timely execution of new product sourcing activities.
• Secure and analyze quotations, negotiate prices and terms, and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
• Visit suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assist in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
• Support aftermarket plant regarding stop ship, payment, quality and production issues.
• Research & compile data along with blueprints for RFQ packages.
• Research and provide supporting data against cost drivers to avert price increases.
• Work directly with suppliers to resolve commercial issues and negotiate continued product flow.
• Support commercial negotiations with key suppliers.