Woodland School District 50
Dual-Language Teacher at Woodland School District 50
February 2016 — Present
- Successfully thought 2nd-grade Dual-Language Mathematics and Science.
- Quickly promoted and hired to teach Social Studies and ELA (ESL) at the Middle School level.
- Used behavior modification techniques as a motivator for improving conduct and encouraging participation.
- Evaluate student progress and support recommendations for further student development.
- Accessed student's prior knowledge through the use of graphic organizers that allowed student predict outcomes and orally present their finding in a coherent, detailed manner.
- Established positive rapport with all students and parents through home calls and emails.
- Developed and taught lessons plans on relevant subjects to promote student interest.
- Pursued professional development continually by attending educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
- Successfully prepared Daily Lesson Plans for classrooms with an average of 25 students each.
- Use behavior modification and positive reinforcement techniques as a motivator for improving conduct and encouraging participation.
- Educate students in the basics of English grammar, conversational speaking, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.