Windows System Administrator
July 2013 — Present
Interush had a vision of expanding the current infrastructure and making it more secure. "It is time for a more Enterprise Environment" they said. As the Windows System Administrator I was responsible to complete numerous new projects to meet SOX compliance. In addition to the projects my primary role was to maintain and administrate the VMWare and Windows Environment. This included not only servers, but the desktop support as well.
• Plan and implement new VMWare ESXi 5/ IBM SAN infrastructure.
o Work with Network Admin to install 10GB Copper Ethernet Juniper backbone
o Install and configure IBM SAN Appliance for use with virtual environment
o Install and configure 6 virtual hosts for 50+ virtual machines.
o Install and configure VMware specific appliance for security and backups
• Plan and implement new Windows Server 2012 environment.
o Including implementation of new Active Directory environment for 120+ users and migration of systems and users to the new setup.
o Terminal Server for remote access of applications
• Install and configure Juniper MAG2600 for new VPN setup
• Replace old Corporate Office network equipment
o Install and configure new Fortigate firewalls, with attached Aps
o Install and configure Cisco Smart Switches for us with VLANs for network security and segregation.
• Assist Finance with migration form Navision to Navision 3013
• Complete above projects to begin SOX Compliance
• Maintaining, upgrading the virtual environment and Windows computer systems of Interush Inc.
• Assist with end user support
• Participate in After Hours rotations and NOC alerts
• Connectivity and security