Digital Content Producer
January 2016 — Present
WTOC-TV is a local CBS News affiliate owned by Raycom Media — the largest employee-owned broadcasting company in America. The 63 stations they own or service span 42 markets in 20 states, and reach over 14% of U.S. television households.
• Responsible for writing, producing, identifying, editing, and managing all digital content for wtoc.com and the WTOC news app.
• Manages all WTOC social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), tailors each post to fit specific audiences/platforms, grow, and engage viewers. WTOC Facebook Page reaches ~8 million people/month
• Follows national and local breaking news updates, as well as popular human interest stories and viral trends, sends out breaking news alerts via WTOC app. Live tweets events on CBS (Ex. - Super Bowl 50, National elections, etc.)
• Coordinates with digital team, producers, on-air reporters, assignment desk, marketing, etc. to integrate digital content with broadcast coverage
• Creates non-news content, graphics for use on digital/social platforms
• Working knowledge of online content management systems (WorldNow/Frankly), AP-ENPS, Edius, Chartbeat, Bitcentral, Spredfast, ComScore, Scribble, etc.
• Manages video live streams - creates, edits and posts video clips from newscasts and other raw feeds, Live updates results for on-air and online election ticker
• Executes/ maintains news strategies and goals to provide competitive, 24/7 local digital content coverage
• Tracks analytics, including desktop, mobile, app, video and social