March 2010 — Present
- Teach English conversation to lower-level Freshman and Sophomore students, including grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, fluency, as well as culture and occasional slang.
- Teach Reading and Writing classes to students from any class or major.
- The reading focus is to use surrounding context words to find the meanings of new vocabulary words within the readings, and to find main ideas and details as we read.
- The writing focus is proper grammar, especially consistent verb tenses and complete sentences, as well as writing with a main idea and supporting details.
- Work on developing an online Wiki for the New Hire Training Manual as well as other documentation necessary for teachers.
- Currently working on developing a Moodle website to integrate eLearning principles and activities with in-class work.