Petersburg City Public Schools
Family Engagement Specialist
August 2016 — June 2018
• Serves as liaison between student, home, school, and community resources such as family services agencies.
• Works with professional personnel, students, and parents to help students be successful in school by making available information to increase the understanding of specific elements that may be attributed to problems related to emotional, physical, academic, and economic areas.
• Works with parents and teachers in improving the achievement level of students by assisting parents and
volunteers in locating learning activities; disseminates information regarding parent involvement goals and
objectives books and tutorial services to reinforce skills.
• Participates in on-going professional development by attending workshops, lectures and institutes on specific
subjects to enhance job performance.
• Works in Title I Schools and Early Childhood Centers to ensure homeless children and families’ needs are
identified and steps are taken to meet those needs through school resources and community agencies.
• Disseminates information regarding parent involvement goals and objectives, books, tutorial services to
• Makes home visits as needed and works with parents regarding ways in which they can help their children
achieve challenging state standards.